forwards, NaBloPoMo2017, stupidity, tenthoughts, Tuesday, WhatsApp
Hmm… I wonder if writing these Ten Thought Tuesdays is the result of me being too lazy to elaborate and argue points. How much easier to just make a short reference (to whatever) and let it go. Anyway, I’ll worry about that later. For now, here are another of them ten thoughts:
- I came upon this amazing quote. At least, I found it amazing, I don’t know about others. It is from William Faulkner: “The artist doesn’t have time to listen to the critics. The ones who want to be writers read the reviews, the ones who want to write don’t have the time to read reviews.”
- Isn’t it annoying how many a time what was so fluid and oh-so-smoothly-flowing while thinking about it in your mind disappears into thin air the minute you sit down to try and put it down on paper, or type, as the case may be? Annoying as hell.
- There is one thing I DISLIKE about writing fiction. People looking for me and my personal experiences in the stories I write. Well writers do include bits and pieces of experiences, theirs as well of those around them, and/or those they have heard/read of strangers they have never met. BUT THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED IMAGINATION TOO. I wish more readers give credit where it is due rather than speculate where a particular story fits into a writer’s life.
- Have you met people who use the feeble excuse, ‘…but it wasn’t intentional!’ even after being reminded n number of times, gently at first, then requested and next begged on bent knees? When none of them work and the volcano erupts and/or ultimatums are served comes, “…but it wasn’t intentional. I just forgot what you told me.” And this is said in such piteous tones making you the actual long-time sufferer look like a monster of sorts. Just WHAT DO YOU DO WITH SUCH AS THEM? My response is: ‘”If it wasn’t intentional, then you should MAKE IT YOUR INTENTION!”
- I had the good fortune of learning that the coming February (2018) is going to have 4 Sundays, 4 Mondays, 4 Tuesdays, 4 Wednesdays, 4 Thursdays, 4 Fridays and 4 Saturdays. Please don’t die laughing, yet. I have more to say. This one is special because, this happens only once in 823 years. Needless to say this is one of those WhatsApp forwards. For some reason it became that last straw on the camels’ back as far as I was concerned. I simply upped and left the group. There is only so much stupidity one can endure at a particular time.
- While at it, drinking four liters of water first thing in the morning is supposed to cure everything. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. Hospitals better shut down and doctors start learning some new trade. If drinking water cures everything why do you need them anyway? These are shared by some of my esteemed “educated” friends.
- People who make false promises, give fake assurances, are one of the lowest forms of life. A word is a word. If one is forced to break it, coming clean to the one to whom the promise was made is the least bit of decent behavior one can show.
- Someone told me recently that owning a Lamborghini does not make one a racing driver. This was to imply that my wearing a Fitbit band does not mean I go for walks. Well, I think it is more like this: You cannot rule out someone and stamp them as non-racing just because they own a Lamborgini. They COULD be a racer. So it follows that my wearing a Fitbit band definitely does not rule me out as a walker. I COULD be walking regularly too. Never forget to give another the benefit of doubt UNTIL AND UNLESS you have proof otherwise.
- Isn’t it funny how they are fighting to save the honor of a fictitious character portrayed in a movie but don’t (and won’t) spare a thought to empower the women in their life?
- What’s even funnier (not really!) is how some of those who talk about women in a holier-than-thou tones (they worship women!) don’t think twice before threatening women with harassment, rape, death …. and of course cutting off their nose! They have the example of a very illustrious and godly person before them doing a nose-cutting job with efficiency in one of the epics. What else can you expect under the circumstances?
©Shail Mohan 2017
Neck hurts with nodding so much.
You write my thoughts more eloquently than I think them!
Lol. Glad I could do that 🙂
Chandra Lynn said:
I should make a list of ten reasons I love this post! 😀
Haha. Thank you! 😀
It’s good Ten Thoughts is only on Tuesdays
Or for all the nonsense this world displays
The world surely would have been ablaze
Long ago, unable to stand your angry gaze.
You bet! 😀 And the four-liners are flowing again, I notice 🙂
Sheila M. Good, Author said:
Love your Ten Thoughts Tuesdays! Keep them coming. @sheilamgood at Cow Pasture Chronicles
Thank you, Sheila 🙂